By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
40 minutes, 3 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 3 whole pears
- 2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup small diced raw beets
- ¼ cup dark chocolate to melt
- Peel the beets and pears.
- Dice the beets into small pieces.
- In a not too large saucepan, pour the water and add the beets, sugar, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla. Bring to a boil and then reduce to medium heat. When it starts boiling, add the pears to the beet water. Let it simmer for 30 minutes.
- Make sure the water covers the pears. This is why we used a smaller sauce pan.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate in the top bowl. Keep warm and set aside.
- After 30 minutes, remove the pears from the water, drain the leftover of water and keep the beets pieces.
- Place the pears on a plate.
- Use the diced sweet beets to cover the bottom of the plate, drizzle melted chocolate all over the beets and pear.
- Serve warm or cold.