30 minutes, 10 blinis, 96 calories per blini, gluten-free, vegetarian
Blini Pancake Mix:
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 ½ cup filtered water
- 1 tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 50g soft goat cheese
- ¼ cup whole almond
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- 1 pinch Celtic sea salt
A Blini is originally a pancakes made from buckwheat flour and served with sour cream. I decide to twist this by using goat cheese and some strawberries. The roasted almond on top will give it a final crunch that you will enjoy!
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients from the pancake mix and stir well until it is homogenized.
- Heat up a small sauce pan and cook the water, diced strawberry, vanilla, and cayenne, on medium heat for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on so it does not burn at the bottom. When the water is all gone and you will have a jam texture, this means it is time to remove from the heat. Set aside.
- Heat up a large pan, add a little bit of coconut oil and use about ¼ cup of the mixture per small pancake. Cook 2-3 pancakes at the time. Make sure you spread the pancake mixture evenly and in a circle.
- When your 10 pancakes are cooked, mix together the goat cheese and the strawberry jam.
- Fill up the middle of each Blini with 1 tablespoon of strawberry cheese.
- I added some smoked roasted almond on top of it to give it an extra punch. To do that you need to heat up a pan, melt the oil, and mix the chopped almond with the smoked paprika. Let it roast for 1-2 minutes on high heat.
- Then spread it on top of the cheese.
- You can either enjoy your Blini flat or you can roll it.