By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
- ¾ cup dried raisins
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon powder
- ½ cup ground flaxseeds
- ½ cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cups gluten free flour (my suggestions: pea, quinoa or broad bean flours.)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 12 whole cloves
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Soak the raisins, cinnamon and ground flaxseeds in the water for 10 minutes.
- Then incorporate the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill up a pre-greased muffin pan with the batter, placing 1 clove in the middle of each muffin. Sprinkle some whole flax seeds on top, then bake for 20 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for a longer shelf life.
- Flaxseed can be a good egg replacement in any of your baking recipes. In place of each egg, use 2 tablespoons of ground flax combined with 1/3 cup of water. Let this mixture soak for 5-10 minutes.