10 minutes + 15-45, 4 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ pounds sweet potatoes (3 medium or 2 large)
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and torn into bite sized pieces
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Tessemae’s Slow Roasted Garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- Heat your oven to 375. Butter a 2 quart baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter. Peel the sweet potatoes. If they are large, halve them lengthwise. Slice the potatoes thinly crosswise.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a pot or large saucepan over medium high. Add the kale, season with salt and pepper and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the sweet potatoes, cream, Tessemae Slow-Roasted Garlic, and nutmeg into the pot. (The cream will not cover the potatoes at first.) Season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently until the cream thickens and the potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Pour the potato mixture into the baking dish and sprinkle with cheese, Bake until deeply browned, about 30 minutes. Let the gratin stand at least 30 minutes before serving to set.