By: Rose Marie Jarry, Master Chef at Kronobar
45 minutes, 6 servings, gluten-free, vegan.
- 3 whole zucchini
- 4 cups organic veggie broth
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- 1 onion diced
- 2 medium sized potatoes
- ½ cup sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- Celtic sea salt
- Dice the potatoes, zucchini, and onion and place them into a large pot.
- Add the vegetable broth and cook on high heat until it starts boiling, then turn the heat down to medium and let simmer for an extra 20-25 minutes.
- You will know it is cooked when the potatoes are soft. You can either use precooked lentil from a can to add into the mix when the potatoes are cooked or use orange split lentils and cook at the same time with the veggies.
- Once everything is cooked, blend the whole mixture into a smooth puré and set aside into a warm place.
- Heat up a pan and pour the sesame oil and seed into it. Let the seeds roast for 2-3 minutes on high heat. Stir in the process to avoid burning. They will change color as they roast.
- Add the roasted sesame into the blended soup and serve with a drop of roasted sesame oil on each serving if you wish.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.