30 minutes, 6 servings, 170 calories per serving, vegan, gluten-free
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups kale leaves
- 3 cups red potatoes, diced
- 1 red apple
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup sprouted lentils
- In a big pot, warm up the vegetable broth with all the vegetables and fruit diced up into medium sized pieces. Don’t stress about dicing things too fine, everything will get blended.
- Let the veggies cook for 15-20 minutes on medium heat.
- When it’s nicely mixed, pour the mix back in the same pot.
- Add the lentils and let simmer for 5 more minutes.
The four cups of kale in this soup adds up to some hearty nutrition. One cup of raw kale provides more than 100% of the daily recommended amounts of vitamins A, C, and K. Kale also contains lutein, a type of carotenoid (an organic pigment) that will help keep your eyes and vision optimal.